Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Purse Box in Inches

Hi Guys!
A few of you have been asking me for the directions to this purse box in INCHES.
As you know, Randi was the person who's directions I used to make my first purse box and she is in Europe and so uses metric measurements. Her directions are excellent so if you use metric by all means check out her site!
Since then I have been working on "adjusting " her  pattern for us "Inchie People"
You can see my complete tutorial in inches here.

Keep in mind that my directions will not make the exact same size purse as Randi's. It will be about an inch larger all around. But I have tried to stay true to the shape as much as I could.


I plan on filling it with candy. I think every craft table needs one!


So there ya go! I hope you can go and have some fun now!
I would like to enter this in:
OLLCB: Pink!
Bunny Zoe: Flowers
The pink elephant: buttons lace and ribbon (buttons are in the flowers on the sides of the purse)
Fresh Brewed: Ribbons and Bows



19 comments:

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

What can I say? So beautifull again. It wil be one of my next projects. I visited Randi's blog also and yes everything is fabulous.
The one that receive this is a lucky person!
Hugs marianne

Pattie said...

Wow - thanks Dorcas!

patriziawithaz said...

Dorcas you are so good to us x Thanks you for the tutorial for this beautiful purse box. When I am feeling more brave I will definitely have a go and let you know how I got on xox

Mina said...

wow wow wow Dorcas I love this, its a fantastic basket...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Julie said...

Hi,you are a lovely girlie,I'm in Europe but I'm afraid to say that I still work in inches,I mean,does anyone actually know or even care about the metric exchange of 12x12 papers? I think not! This certainly would look rather nice on my craft desk full of sweets though I'm ashamed to say,my desk is usually so heaped up that it might not get seen too often,might make one for the coffee table instead! Hope you're getting through those silks :) Julie.x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This beautiful!! I just love the colors!! Great basket. I have made this one also...I found the metric measurements challenging. Gorgeous work!

Annemaritta said...

Thank you for inches :) This is beautiful. Ah, so beautiful. :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Doracs...how wonderfully creative! Love the colors and the sweet accents! Great job!

Yenni Natalia said...

This is still my fav paper craft projects!! :) i love the pink and white damask PP that you used :) love it!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Another great one! Thanks for the figuring, so math challenged people like myself can do it now! lol! I love the elegance of it!

Alice said...

awwww.... this is fabulous, Dorcas!!! love love it! thanks for the links!

Kelly Schelske said...

Dorcas, you rock! This is fabulous!

cheryl said...

oh wow,stunning work hun,one amazing basket,thanks for the measurments,too,hun appreciated hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful dorcas, beautiful paper too.

greetings karin

XxJULESxX said...

wow just stunning!!!!! i would love to make one, i will try it but im hopeless with measurements! lol!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

PRETTY!!! LOVE the paper you used!
I have to try one, too - as you said: for some sweets on my crafting table ;-)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful project Dorcas and I agree every craft room needs a candy bag!! Thanks for joining in with our Pink Pink and More Pink challenge at OLL this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Randi Th. said...

Lovely!!!
Have a nice day!

-hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails