Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dutch Dare ~ Sketch Time / Heard about your surprise!


Hi All!
Today's challenge at Dutch Dare Card Challenges is a sketch.
 I love sketches!
THis card was a lot of fun. Partly because I love sketches and partly because I made it for a friend who  found herself pregnant after her first month of marriage ;( not in the plans but a happy event none the less! lol)
I'm quite happy how this card came out except that after making fun of spellbinder's nesties that look like maxi pads (see here) I realized I had bought the 'pad with wings' version unwittingly! Ah, he who laughs last laughs best!
So without further ado here's the sketch:

Easy peasy, right?

So! The image I am using is Mo Manning's celebrate available here.
I have colored with prismacolors on Kraft paper. The sentiment was made for me by my blog buddy, Annika. Thanks, Annika! I totally love it!
And a close up:
So thats it for now.
 Be sure to join in the challenge at DDCC. Remember you have a whole fortnight to add your creation to the pool!
Before I go I would like to enter this in
Paper Romance: Your fave things to craft with (nesties and colored pencils!)
Freshly Brewed: Show your style

Photobucket


13 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

So cute!! Thank you for playing in the Paper Romance Challenge!

petra,s cards said...

wauw i visit yor blogg for the first time its realey georgeous!!!! what a talent!!
i follow you!
xx petra

Saskia said...

Your style is great!

Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us!

Greetings, Saskia :)

paola said...

I had such a real good laugh about your maxi pads, at first i thought " no she doesnt mean MAXI PADS" then i reread and had a better look well i actually gufawed at this. Fab coloring on the kraft paper, fabulous and thanks for the good laugh, like food for the soul.
smiles
Paola

Kelly Schelske said...

HA, ha, you make me laugh! Fab sketch, thanks gain Dorcas and what a beautiful card! Love your coloring on the craft paper!!

Hugs, K

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Yes, that really IS a surprise for the couple!
How nice of you to make them such a funny "celebrate"-card!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very cute! With wings and all! The colors are are nice too! I like that shade of pink.

cheryl said...

oh hun you always make the most amazing cards and this is just amazing,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Tine said...

Fabulous card, Dorcas, and a wonderful image from Mo to use for the 'happy event'. You have certainly mastered the Kraft paper for your pencils. I am sure your friend will L-O-V-E her card.
Tine:)

Ria said...

This is really gorgeouss ;) thanks for joining the Paper Romance Challenge this week.
hugs Ria

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is precious!!! I LOVE the confetti she is throwing. Very fun and creative
Thanks for sharing your STYLE at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Neeti said...

This is very cute :). Love the image and the colors of your card. Thanks for playing along Freshly Brewed Challenges this week and showing us your style!
Hugs, Neeti

Mary Duffek said...

Oh my word this is stunning! I love how you colored on Kraft paper...You have inspired me...LOL! Beautiful and fun! Fantabulous job!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails