Monday, August 23, 2010

BFF and Somebunny Is Sick

I have two cards to post today and have decided to do it in one post. My computer is acting up and if I can get this done in one go I am going to have to. I apologize to the challenges ahead of time. :-)
Now, technically the sketch called for an oval...but my hedgies just wouldn't fit in an oval and I had my heart set on using them. soooooooo........
My Recipe:
Papers: Mainly DCWV
Image:Penny Black
Colors: Prismacolors
button: from stash
Ribbon: Offray
Flowers: Recollection and Prima

I just love these critters. Aren't they sweet?

I admit that the sentiment (my own) is kind of tongue in cheek. I imagine hedgie #1 running away from hedgie#2 and finally getting caught hanging....then hedgie #2 says "Am I your BFF?" and hedgie#1 agrees so that his toes don't get stomped on!

I made this for these challenges:
PBSat: sketch
Paper Play: lotsa pink

And on to card #2!

Recipe:
Image: LOTV
Colors: Prismacolors
DP: S.E.I.
Ribbon and sentiment : unknown

I love these cool colors....


and some close ups:


I made this card for the following challenges:
LOTV: sketch
Play Date CAfe: Aqua, lt. green and dk. green
Cupcake Craft Challenge: Blue and Green

I think I'm done for the day folks! Have a great evening. :-)


19 comments:

Annemaritta said...

VWLOL (hahaaa... new abbreviation, maybe?) and congrats for story behind the hedgies. Makes perfect sense to me!

Bunny and the colouring gives me headache. I am staring at those pics my nose on the screen to get a very close look and trying to understand that it is possible to use colours so beautifully. (If you only knew how I am working on very scientic way to learn... Love you!)

Andrea Ewen said...

Great stitching and coloring on both cards! You've really mastered the art of shading and blending as well as stitchery! I didn't even know my machine could do that!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Both cards came out so nice! Your finished bunny for us all to see! The pink and the hedgies are my fav. Sooo cute!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, wonderful coloring! Great embellishments and design! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW these are gorgeous and so cute.
luv
Debby

Sonia said...

Just beautiful, stunning cards :) Hugs Sonia xx

dj1952 said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous. I always love to see what you've created next. As usual your coloring and stitching is fantastic.

Hugs

Shelly said...

Hi! Wow both your cards are STUNNING! I love your interpretation of my blue & green theme, this is one of my fave stamps too! Great stitching! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! Shelly ;)

Nicecrane Designs said...

Adorable Dorcas,,,,,,, so sweet, I really love the bunnie,,,,,,,,,,I enjoy watching areal and not digital way to work, i was curious,, and the resuly is amazing,,,,,,thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

These are both darling! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

How sweet! Love the paper in the background and the adorable image on the PDCC card. Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WoW--great detail in both cards:) I love that bunny image--super sweet:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous cards and I love your colour work on your hedgies...thanks for taking the time to join in the fun at PBSC this week..hugs kath xxx

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Both cards are soo adorbale. The colors on the 2nd card is totally awesome! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play this week! :)

Andrea said...

both are so cute and lovely!

N Blackburn said...

Aw I just LOVE your little bunny card! The colours are so vivid and well-blended - I love your colouring :-)

Tasha xXx

The Crafty Den said...

WOW Dorcas both your cards are stunning but I love your get well card. The image is so sweet and the papers are gorgeous. I would like to be ill just to receive it lol! Thanks for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Carole Campanile said...

WOW WOW WOW. Your coloring is amazing. I love both the hedgehog and the bunny cards. The colors and lay outs are fabulous.

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Both cards are stunning, great coloring and stitching.

Related Posts with Thumbnails