Thursday, August 5, 2010

Organizing Digis and PreStamped Images

I never could have predicted how many digis one could accumulate in a few months. I don't know about you, but I'm not content to leave them in the computer until I need them. I want them on hand so I can see what I have and start coloring straight away, ( even if my printer is out of ink).
 Well, in the picture above you can see my previous method for storing digis. One shoebox for uncolored images and another for colored.
This worked well for a time. But I reached the point where I couldn't find anything and they were getting dogeared. I needed another system.
I turned to binders.

Here I can see what I have at a glance. I can keep the sentiments with the appropriate images and separate the pages according to designer. This is an ordinary D-Ring binder and the pages are sold for photos. Nothing special. But it works.
When I color an image I keep those on pages toward the back of the binder:

So nice that I can just grab what I want and start creating!
I'm all for ideas! Please share your methods as well. :-)
Hugs, Dorcas



7 comments:

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

You are so organized! If I ever get into stamps and acquire digis, I'll know what to do!

Karen Hanim said...

Found you from CDAC. I just read your tip on getting the most out of your Nestibilities and thought it was great! I am definitely going to try that!

dj1952 said...

I love your idea. Mine are in folders for the time being. But I don't like that I am forever flipping through them to find something, and something is falling out of one side, while somehting else falls out of the other side. (Except I did correct that by purchasing expansion folders.) I will definitely be trying this one when I get my office organized. Hugs, dj

Crealin said...

Hi Dorcas,

I discovered your blog and what a wonderful cards you make. I've become your folower ;-)

Have a great weekend,

Lins

ileana said...

Hi! I store my digis in binders too by artist, but I don´t color them since I want them to match the papers on my project, I first pick my papers and then I color the image :-)
I used to have an ice cream box to store them before :-P but it was hard to find anything there, so I went to a dollar store and bought some picture binders, they are great because they are large enough to hold 4x6 in images.

Creative N'spirations said...

Great idea

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Since becoming a fan of digital images, storage had become a problem for all of those reasons you mentioned! I LOVE this storage solution and will start it today! Thank you for sharing!

Wishing you a happy day!

Barbara Diane

Related Posts with Thumbnails