Friday, April 29, 2011

Phindy's Place ~ Glitter, Glamor and Glitz

If you only knew how much trouble this card gave me!! I could scream just thinking about it!!
It was one of those cards I just couldn't get into and it sat on my table haunting me for about a week til I made myself put it together whether I liked the finished result or not. And do I?
Uhhhhhh,. not really!
But its not hideous. lol Not like that purple and teal monstrosity a week ago. lol
Anyway, the challenge this week at Phindy's Place is:
Glamour and Glitz

Perhaps that was the trouble. When I think of glamor and glitz I think of female cards, girly and such. So why did I choose a graduating mouse? I don't know. To be different I guess. It was a" pink sky and blue cotton candy moment". :-)
I thought the glittered book pages would be really cool but I had to ditch one image cos I really messed it up and tried again with this one. Its not perfect but are you feelin it?
OK, don't answer that!


Look forward to seeing your glittery creations!!



18 comments:

dj1952 said...

You are just too funny. (In a good way. LOL) I see nothing at all wrong with the card, and I'm sure any graduate would love to receive the card. You did an awesome job, as usual. Hugs, dj

Anonymous said...

What a sweet grad card. :)

Anne said...

Hey Dorcas, so sorry you're having a hard time with the themes:). I think the golden pages look brilliant and I love your card!

Anne
x

Kathy said...

Dorcas, you are so funny, your purple and teal card was not a monstrosity! And this one is really cool. I like the glittered pages, reminds me of old books, really neat touch. I think it looks great!

Tine said...

Hi Dorcas. Don't be so hard on yourself. I just love the golden edge to your books - a brilliant touch for a lovely card.
Tine :)

Regina said...

such a gorgeous card; I absolutely love that image you've used. Perfect for high school graduation!
Regina*

Danni said...

This is fabulous!!

Ann English said...

Hmmm...I thought this came at well. I never would have even attempted this image with glitz and glamour, but you did a great job :)

Linda Wescott said...

Love the gold pages, love the card. Image is cute and coloured to perfection. Great papers and bling. Big pat on the back for completing it against all the odds lol. Hugs lin

Anita said...

A monstrosity? Hey, I love that card :) This card is really cute too. I love the glittery pages.

Annemaritta said...

Dorcas, when I saw the thumbnail of this card, I thought it was GORGEOUS. Love the blue and gold together, graduation and bit of gold. Hih, I think this is perfect :)

Annemaritta said...

Oops, clicked "post comment" too early. Wanted to praise the bp and distressing. This is like a page from scrap book full of memories. Sweet and beautiful.

Annika said...

I am not going the "pat on back" route (although the card is totally OK) because I know the feeling too well.
In fact, I pretty much feel the same way about a caard I posted today. That nasty "whatever I do with it, it's still WRONG!" feeling..
There'll be projects you like on your table very soon (don't I just sound like a fortune cookie, lol)
Hugs
Annika

Anne-Marije said...

Oh wow this is a very elegant card!
xxx Anne-Marije

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very nice! I like the mini diploma! Nice touch!

Denise Marzec said...

I just scrolled through many of your posts....you CAN COLOR!!...WOWWW!

sallysbitz2 said...

Awww, this is just brilliant. Cute image & perfectly coloured. Loving that paper too x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails