Monday, May 30, 2011

You're My Knight


Hi Everyone~!
So not too long ago I discovered the wonderful world of Dustin Pike from one of my blogging buddies, Jane.
She does such a wonderful job coloring these cuties that I had to go by Dustin's blog and check them out. I spent I don't know how long looking through his old posts and downloading his freebies. This is one of them.
Most of my friends know how much I love suits of armour and knights so this one was a must. :-)

So I'm using my usual. 
Papers are DCWV and colors are prismacolors. The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons.
Close up of the handsome knight below:


And for those of you who would like to snag the sentiment that I whipped up on the computer, you are more than welcome to. Just click, right click and save or go to the free sentiments box on my sidebar so you can download different sizes.

Ok! Now on to business!!

I decided to use this card as my fortnightly card for the Catered Crop party.

Are you ready to play?
We're stripping down Jessica's fabulous card as the source of our inspiration. Why not swing by her blog and check out her creative genius, she's a pretty talented gal!



(use any or all to make your own unique project)
In red you can see the ingredients I used for this card.
  • Colors – red, white, blue, and yellow
  • Stamps and Stickers – happy birthday, sailboats
  • Color Mediums – stamp ink
  •  Embellishments – twine/hemp rope,buttons
  • Tools – punches, border punches, distress tools, sewing machine, die cuts, pearls
  • Techniques – distress, make a square card, paper piecing, sewing, distressing
  • Theme – summer, water, happy birthday


And now on to our cool sponsor!

Inky Antics

 Inky Antics Rubber Stamps is sponsoring our FTR13 challenge. If you're a trend watcher you may have heard of their HoneyPop Collection – an amazing collection of honeycomb paper and coordinating stamps and the big craze at the last Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) convention. With a baker's dozen of illustrators, there's a wide collection of beautiful and whimsical stamps to choose from as well as all the necessities to make a beautiful project. One lucky random winner will get to spend $25 on Inky Antics wood mounted or clear stamps.

So how awesome is that! I hope you all get to play. Remember, you have a whole two weeks to create a project and with a recipe like this there should be no excuses!

Thanks so much for coming by for a visit!!

A few challenges:
Card Cupids - Ribbon and/or Fibers
2 Sisters - #41 Anything Goes
Catch The Bug -  Bright Colours + Optional Flower Soft
Craft Your Days Away  - Special Man
ECP Challenges -  #39 For Dad
Polkadoodle - - Card for a male including 1 button & a circle.
Charisma Cardz -  – Card for a male.
Craft Us Crazy - - Remembrance and/or love.
Craft Your Passion - What a Guy
Lexi's Creations - a Mans card






50 comments:

petra,s cards said...

wauw verry gorgeous card!!!! pretty collours!
how is it with the little duck?
xx petra

Jacee said...

Fabulous card Dorcas, such a fun image, and the sentiment is just perfect, love it!
Hugs Jacee

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cute, Dorcas...love that Lemon Flower paper combined with your fabulous coloring! Beautiful!

patriziawithaz said...

Aww! I love your night in shining armour Dorcas and thanks for the great sentiment x I'm off now to visit Dustin - bye x

Janice said...

Great card & a lovely sentiment. Jx

Cheryl said...

I love this card! I'll be back for the sentiment, I promise you that. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Cheryl

Gaynor Greaves said...

Dorcas, you are an inspiration, your cards are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing your sentiment, very generous. Gaynor x

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Dorcas love the card it's gorgeous and fab colouring!!

heidy said...

Wow Awesome card Dorcas!!
Hugs Heidy

Linda said...

I love this card. The coloring is fantabulous! And the layout is awesome as well!

Audrey said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Too cute! Love that paper pack! Perfect for the image! Great sentiment too! I think I will snag that one! Thanks girlfriend! I want to play when I get home! I lave lots of cards to do to catch up!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

That word should be have lots of cards not lave! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Super cute dragon!! and i think i own that paper pack...just bought it :)...thanks for the cutie gorgeous inspiration :)

Hugs
yenni

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Awesome card Dorcas, love your beautiful colouring and the layout.

Hugs
Maarit

Anita said...

This is so adorable Dorcas. I love his images and you've colored this one fabulously! Love your matching sentiment too :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is ADORABLE!

Stephie Boots said...

Such a cute card! Love dragon images! Thanks for joining in at ECP Challenges. xx

p.s. I have blog candy giveaway going on over at my blog http://stephanie-emma.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-candy.html

dj1952 said...

Great card. He is a cutie pie. I love his cards, too. I haven't been over in a while, I'll have to stop by one day soon. Hugs, dj

Jane said...

Hi Dorcas,
Wow girl, you've done an amazing job with Dudley, Dustin would be very impressed!!!!! Thanks for sharing ~ Jane

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

This is too cute for words!!

Anonymous said...

Just love it, super, super, cute...

Thanks for joining us at CYDA.

Huggies Angel

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi Dorcas!
Superadorable card you have created. Loooove the image and the colouring is fantastic. I was bold enough to help myself to your sentiment, lol. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for making me aware of the problem with my blog and the scrolling. I wasn`t aware of this. If i create pages to hide away all my "unuseful" stuff, do you think it would go faster then?

Hugs...Mona

Wuzimädi said...

What a cute little knight! Great colours, love the black contrast!
Hugs Michi

Laura said...

Oh I kow Dustin Pike! I had a lot of his images on my laptop...before it died on me. I didn't have the chance to even color them ...
You did a FANTASTIC job :) I love the way you added that ribbon there...really "knightly" :)

Trina said...

D, you are such an awesome color-er! I love seeing your cards!

Alice said...

awww.... super cool image and have i told you that i adore your coloring? because i do!! fabulous card, Dorcas!! love love this! off to check out Dustin's blog!

Jeni said...

Totally adorable!!! Fabulous coloring and sentiment, thanks! ~jeni :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it!!! Super male card, fabulous! Thanks for joining the challenge at Lexi's Creations this fortnight

Linda McClain said...

Oh Dorcas - this is amazing. Super adorable and your coloring is just stunning. Love it!

Amy said...

WOW!! Fabulous coloring job!! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Dorcas and you've done a brilliant job with him. Love Dustin dragons.
luv
Debby

Tamara Morton said...

Wonderful card I love your sentiment! and the colours are perfect. Thank you for joining us at Craft your passion this week.
Hugs
Tamara
PS if you are interested I have some blog candy to give away on my blogPS if you are interested I have some blog candy to give away on my blog Click here!

ChickieChirps said...

This is gorgeous Dorcas! The way you colour with Prisma Colors is so amazing! I love the sentiment you made too!

Arabella

Tine said...

Hi Dorcas. Great card and the papers work brilliantly with your coloured image. Fun sentiment too - depends who you are sending it to though! LOL.
Tine :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous image and fantastic layout and stitching. Thank you for joining us at CYDA this fortnight.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles with your great card!!!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Sarah said...

Stunning card Dorcas, I love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for my Special Man challenge, good luck xxx

sgc said...

Great card. Love the bright colors you chose. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Colette said...

Fab card, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

kim.mom said...

LOVE this card!!! Great color combo!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Us Crazy!!

Iulia said...

Sweet and funny! Love your layout and the sentiment! You always come with the most suitable ones! Beautifully colored creation!
Hugs

Jacqueline said...

Great Layout and that image ... wow so darn cute.
Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
Hugs. Jacqueline

Maria Matter said...

this is such an adorable image and your coloring is beyond gorgeous Dorcas!!
hugs

Rene said...

Lovely! Thanks!

Fliss said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles Male theme challenge.
x

Vintage Milly said...

What a fab card,thanks for joining in with our challenge at Polkadoodles,
Em.x

Tip Top said...

Wonderful and such bright colouring! Thanks for joining in with the Polkadoodle challenge - hope to see you again next time!

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

Great card!
Love the colors!
Thanks for playing with us @ Craft Us Crazy!

Andrea said...

Wow! Such a fabulous card - your colouring is amazing, and I love your sentiment.
Congratulations on becoming GDT for Lexi's Creations.
Love, Andrea

Related Posts with Thumbnails