Friday, June 10, 2011

May The Sun Shine Upon You

Hi Everyone!
This card was made for Phindy's weekly challenge, which happens to be:
Water
I could go for some water right now its stinkin hot out and my only pool is reserved for my ducks.(as is my bathtub but we wont go there. lol) 
My recipe:
Image: Phindy's
Colors: Prismacolors
Paper: DCWV
Sentiment: My own
Punch: Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Crafty Ribbons

So how cute is this, right? I decided to make the little girl AA, her hair lended itself toward it, actually I think that's what she's supposed to be anyway. As you can see, I'm still a bit nervous about making the skin too dark. I will eventually get my courage up to make a true black skinned character. But not today. :-)
A close up:


I had trouble copy and pasting my sentiment into the format I needed to share it so that the structure was distorted. I tried several different ways but in the end ditched the project. I think it was due to an incompatible font. Anyway, sorry, no sentiment to share today. :-( Its the thought that counts.
Challenges that this card qualifies for:

Cooking It Up With Katie -  Blue, splash, circle
Paper Pretties -  Summer
Color Throwdown - color* 
A Spoonful Of Sugar -  Summer - Colours, images etc
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Summery Card
Digital Tuesday - In The Garden/Outdoors 
The Outlawz Sentiment required - Summer theme.

And a little snoop around the craft space. Stacey came over the other day to craft and look at the mess she made. LOL
OK. The mess is mine. At one point she came over to my side of the table and took away my garbage bin. She said, "I'll take this since you're not using it anyway." The cheek!
Oh well.
 I did clean up afterwards. :-) Really. But you'll have to trust me on that one.
It was worth it, though.  


 And a duckie update: 
(this is inside the pen which is about 20 feet by 20 feet.)



 Yes, the water is murky but is pumped from the pond and this is the South and all pond water is brown.
It's just how it is.

And a nasty snapping turtle I caught the other day. This guy is nasty!!
He will rip a finger off no questions asked.
My fingers came nowhere near him, btw.


OK, I guess I delayed you long enough!
Have fun crafting everyone!








25 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Dorcas, gorgeous card as usual and thanks for sharing pics!!! just great!

AN said...

WAAUU--Prismacolor <3<3<3--Kiitos sinulla ja Annemarittalle<3<3<3

Jane said...

Fab work as always Dorcas, lovely to see piccies of your ducks again, and oh boy that turtle does look pretty grouchy!! ~ Jane

Debbie said...

Once I saw the little duck, I knew it was an image right up your alley. It is adorable..Love the colors, so summery...

Hugs
Debbie

P.S. Thanks for sharing the photo's. they really are so cute and just to let you know it is Hot up north too!!

Trina said...

Back to remind you that people of African descent come in all shades, so you can't really go too dark! :) One of my grandmothers is lighter than many white people, while her husband, my grandfather, was so dark people used to refer to him as blue-black... The only thing would be to not make your darker browns look ashy. But since you use colored pencils and not makeup to color, I don't see you having any issues with that!

Now that I've given my two cents... Your card looks amazing! I always love seeing how you put papers together, and your coloring is its usual fabulousness!

Your ducks sure are growing fast!

Linda Wescott said...

Adorable image, love how you've coloured her. Great card again...cute touch with the sun at the corner. Lovely to see how the duckies are doing Hugs lin

Iulia said...

hey sweetie! Got here eventually! Just before packing for my trip just wanted to let you a word or two:)
Your card here is soooo adorable! Your mind always comes up with the perfect sentiment and I just don't have to add your coloring is spectacular! Can't wait to put my hands on your cards:)
Wow, those ducks of yours seem ready to be eaten! (sorry for being cruel, just that they have grown all of a sudden:) and look yummmy... and sweet:))
Oky, have a lovely week-end dear!
Hugs, Iulia

dj1952 said...

What a cheerful card! Love the colors and the way you've placed the yellow "sun" outside the picture. I also love the wavy stitching. Great card, as usual. Hugs, dj

Tine said...

Hi Dorcas, and can I commend you on your perfect image & layout choice this week. LOL. Fab card, beautifully coloured as ever.
Thanks for the duckie up date too. Glad to know they are all doing well & that you managed to get another of those snapping turtles out of harm's way.
Tine :)

dolcreations said...

You take the cutest images and make them come alive! I adore this little girl with her little hose! Too stinkin cute! Love the pictures you share!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Adorable! The coloring is spectacular as always! Love the summery paper too! Glad you clarified the maker of the mess, I'd hate to show the pictures I took involving you and short shorts! LOL! Actually, the mess is because you had an awesome productive day, I on the other hand struggled or our mess would have been equal. The duckies look quite happy and so glad you caught another meanie to keep them safe.

Jacee said...

What a lovely card Dorcas, a super cute image, just right for you with that little ducky!
Hugs Jacee

Jeni said...

So sweet and beautiful! Love the colors, so Summery! I have to say that I was surprised at your big mess...tisk, tisk. Lol, that means you were having fun. Your ducks are getting so big so fast. ~jeni :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

she is such a sweet image! and perfect for you and your duckies! love the colors and big smile at your "mess"... I can relate (-:

Anne said...

What no pictures of the bathtub lol? Your card is an adorable twin for Tines and your colouring perfect as ever
Anne
x

Audrey said...

Thank you for your beautiful summer card!

Kathy said...

Lovely card and beautifully colored as usual. Looks just like my floor after some crafting time, lol. Cute duck pics too, thanks for sharing.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Super-super-super cute!!!
I love the color combination yellow-blue-green --> so summery!
And your sentiment is fabulous as ever!
The wavy stitching makes me think of:"Summertime - and the living is easy!"
Really an andorable card!
Big hugs, Uli

Anniebee said...

Gorgeous card as always and I'm loving the duckie updates. They sure are growing fast. Your crafting space looks awesome, even with the floor littered with scraps. I'm just a tiny bit envious here! LOL


anniebee

Jessie/knightrone said...

So cute, but you are right, that turtle looks NASTY!!

Chris said...

Dorcas, your card is adorable and I really enjoyed seeing your ducks. BTW, I have a ginger cat like yours. His name is Shamus but I often call him "naughty boy" that will give you an idea of what he's like.
thanks for playing in our summer as inspiration challenge at Paper Pretties.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Dorcas this is absolutely beautiful the softness of the colours, the image and design is perfect thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

What a fun blog post!! Your card is gorgeous - your coloring is really amazing, looks so soft and watercolor-y! Like out of a page from a storybook! Thanks for playing along with us in the Lots of Yellow Challenge at the Fresh Brewed Designs Challenge blog this week! x0x0

Annemaritta said...

Hi Dorcas, I love the image and it makes me emotional knowing that in some part of this world it actually NEEDS a hosepipe and it's sunny and dry.

Btw, An is quite happy with Prismacolors. Actually she is over the moon. Just in case your Finnish is a bit rusty... An likes to thank you and me for finding Prismacolors.

She is gorgeous with colored pencils and markers.

Carolina said...

Very pretty card and great colouring. Thank you for joining cooking it up with Katie this week

Related Posts with Thumbnails