Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fly Away With Me

OK, so as cute as this little bug is, I officially hate this card. LOL
Stacey was crafting with me the day I made this and she saw my mood plummet with every new strip of purple paper.
There was nothing I could do for this project, everything I grabbed made it worse, so i had to just let bad enough alone. Stacey reminded me of my last pink/purple card that came very close to being binned by me. Seems I just don't "do" that color combo well. lol
Oh well. It is what it is...
I'm rewarding myself with my second mallow cup right now, just for having to look at it.  Lucky for me I have one or two stashed away....lol It's not as easy as it seems typing with one hand while my left holds the dripping yummy and mans the shift button.

Ok, so the cute little fly digi is by Whimsy And Stars
Now just what color is a housefly? Black? Blue? Green?
I went with blue cos, well, what the heck?  She's a bluebottle!
The ribbons are from Sew Sweet. 
Image is colored with prismacolors on Kraft cardstock with a bit of glitter glue for the wings.
The sentiment I typed in word and printed it directly underneath the image.


That's it for today!



15 comments:

dj1952 said...

Well, I think it's absolutely adorable (except that it's a fly - lol). But I love the paper and ribbon colors you've had to endure. Hugs, dj

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

This is unbelievably cute!!! Usually I hate 99% of all insects, but this one is an exception! So cute! And I like the colors - pink and light blue are my favourites!!
Hugs,
Uli

Jane said...

Aah what a cute little bug!! I don't do purple, but love all things pink LOL. Oh and I hope you njoyed your Mallo Cups :) ~ Jane

Andrea said...

Well I think your card is gorgeous - I love the stamping and colouring on the kraft cardstock.
I know how you feel when a card doesn't turn out the way you want it to - I've recently had that too, but I think my nephew liked his card LOL!
Love, Andrea xx

Tine said...

...But Dorcas, she is such a cute bug. LOL. You are such a yellow 'n' orange kinda gal - & look on the bright side, it gave you another excuse to eat your mallo cups! LOL. Adorable blue bottle.
Tine :)

Linda Carson said...

Oh come on...2 mallow cups!! No way! Your fly is adorable and quite delightful! She'll brighten someone's day!

Debbie said...

I think your little bug is so darn cute. What's not to like?...Love it..and I love how you rewarded yourself with your Mallow Cups, have one for me too, I've had a rough day...


Hugs
Debbie

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a cute & fun card! Love the ribbon too!
I just joined the Outlawz & have become your newest follower. I would love for you to visit my blog Sharrahug’s Sweet Blessings
Have a wonderful day!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Anita said...

Aww, she's an adorably cute bug and I love your card. Well, OK, I love ALL your cards :) Hope you didn't get candy bar all over your keyboard lol!

promotional umbrellas said...

She looks gorgeous in pink dress. I really impressed with your work. So sweet and I noticed that you colored very perfect in every stuffs.

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Don't be so hard on yourself hun...I like it alot!!! The image is so cute and coloured beautifully!!! Cheer up... and take it easy on the yummies... you know they will run out eventually! LOL!!!
Hugs & Kisses, Marit.
..:: xXx ::..

Daniele said...

too cute for words
hugs

Jacee said...

What a super pretty card Dorcas, love the colours and your colouring, as ever, is gorgeous!
Hugs Jacee

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is another purple pajamas! It will win lots and lots! It is cute! The blue makes it stand out more and breaks up the pink and purple! You can even make a fly look cute!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just TOO CUTE!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails