Thursday, July 28, 2011

Something Sweet

Hi Guys!,
I hope you're having a fabby week so far. Note I said FABBY, not FLABBY but of course, if you truly take this card to heart  the latter may be more appropriate. (Or if you come buy and help me eat my two cases of Mallo Cups! lol)
So this week at Mo's Digital Pencil we want you to show us something SWEET, (food related).
This is one of Mo's older images and I don't think Ive ever seen it colored up in my blogging history. So I thought it was time I did!

I am using :
Papers: DCWV
Border punch: Martha Stewart
Sentiment: TLC
Dies: Nesties


I decided to use this card as my Catered Crop Party card. This week we tied so we're casing TWO cards and pooling ingredients from both.

Sooooooo Here is the RECIPE!! You can see the ingredients highlighted in red that I've utilized for my project.



* Colors – red, white, green; blue, gray, kraft
* Stamps and Stickers – strawberries, sentiment, aliens/monsters, scientists
* Patterns – circles, checked/gingham; scallops
* Color Mediums – markers (ProMarker, Copics, White Signo Pen) 
* Embellishments – clear gloss, glitter, charms, brads, ribbon
* Tools – corner rounder punch, border punch, die cut shapes
* Techniques – faux stitching, doodling/drawing, make an easel card
* Theme – birthday, just hello/because

Our sponsor this round is Lil' Inker Designs. She makes the most adorable stamps sets and matching die cuts for pinwheels, rainbows/clouds, and sentiment flags. Here's her link

http://shoplilinker.blogspot.com/

One random winner will get to pick a die cut and stamp set from her store. Sweet!

Have a great day everyone!




19 comments:

Saskia said...

Great, yummy card! :)

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Mmmmhhh - yummy,yummy!!
Your pastel colored card is sweet as candy! I´d love to have this cake IRL now :-)
Hugs,
Uli
Do you like Tiramisu? Last weekend I made a variation: I dipped the biscuits NOT in coffe, but in egg liqueur and added raspberries between the biscuits and the cream - yummy, too!

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Oh wow awesome card Dorcas!!! I love the image and those soft colours you used!
Hugs, Marit.
..:: xXx ::..

Kate said...

Love this card. Too Adorable.

Hugs
Kate

Turtle In The Sand said...

Dorcas I have been admiring all your Prisma coloring on Kraft. It makes the coloring and shading so interesting. You are quite talented! Love seeing your creations.

Julie said...

You so are the queen of "kraft" x

debby4000 said...

So cute Dorcas, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

dj1952 said...

I could sure eat some right now myself. I'd say that is some large wedding. LOL. Great card. Hugs, dj

Jane said...

You just have to love Mo's images - and your work my friend! Great job as always ~ Jane

Pat said...

Dorcas, my sweet partner in crime!! This is - as always - stunning!! I soooo love when you color on craft paper!! And what a fun image for this challenge! I have to agree with you...I don't think I've seen this cutie out there in bloggy-land! Love the design...perfectly showcases this cute little baker!! Oh...and 2 cases of mallow cups?! Seriously? I'll be right there! LOL!!! Hugs. Pat

Dana said...

I love this pastry chef!! I agree, I've never seen him on card before either but how much ya' wanna bet he starts popping up now? Your whole layout is very striking!
Hugs~
Dana
ps. thanks for the tips on the dominoes!! I think I will definitely have to make some magnets now : )

Pattie said...

I love everything about this card...so many great details!

Debbie said...

Oh Dorcas, this is definatley something sweet, and as Pat would say about a gazillion calories if we were to eat it. Adorable image and would be perfect for my nephew who is a chef.. Love your coloring on the kraft paper. You are a true inspiration so when I finally do give it a try, I hope it does come out as good as yours.

Hugs
Debbie

Tine said...

Hi Dorcas. Been out 'n' about today. So much to catch up on though now. Love your cake card & it is making me rather peckish. LOL.
Tine :)

Cathy said...

Dorcas, this is adorable, I don't see this image used often, I did actually make a Save the date card and blog it when Mo first created the image a long time ago LOL. Glad to see it getting some exposure lately. Love the colors and what you have done with the ribbons and lace. Still laughing at your Mallo Cups....I had never heard of them .gasp

Elaine L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine L. said...

Beautiful, as always, Dorcas! I'm running out of superlatives for your gorgeous cards! I love the BG paper on this

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

I guess I am seriously behind on my commenting! It doesn't help when you are throwing out a gazillion awesome projects a day! I did see this guy and thought I commented! Anyway, it is another "sweet" card! Love the image and the twine too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

What's with all the CAKE??!!! Yum, yum, yum!! LOVE this!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails