Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vintage Piggy

Hi everyone!
This week's challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil is:
Vintage with Distressing and Lace
and guess what? This is the second time I have used this image~ so proof that it can be done! :-)
Again I am using a "free form" style of  paper patchwork. I thought it went well with the distressing theme. :-)

My Recipe: 
Image: Mo Manning
Colors: Prismacolors
Papers: K&Co.
Metal embellishments: Tim Holtz
Distressing tool: Tim Holtz
Distress Inks


A few of you have been asking about my ducks. They're doing pretty well. Fibby, my crippled duck, continues to amaze us with how he gets around and manages to keep up with the others. As you can see from the picture below, they're all growing up fast.

These two pictures are of our penned in ducks. We also have four "free range" ducks. At one time we had over a dozen but predators take their toll ~which is why these ones are still in a pen.

My turtle tally is up to 29. Over the weekend (some of you already know) a snapping turtle got one of my white Pekin free range ducks and injured her horrendously. I nursed her all day Friday but she died in the afternoon.I was so upset I redoubled my turtle trapping and caught about 8 in two days. But they've got wise to me and I haven't caught anything but a mud turtle since.
The craziest thing is that Saturday you would have seen me with our huge outdoor grill , grilling chicken and turkey. Why is that crazy? Well first of all,  I'm vegetarian. And I wasn't even cooking it for company or my pets, but as bait to catch turtles. yes, something was definately wrong with that picture!
But one look at the sweet faces below and you would have been doing the same thing.


 Challenges I would like to enter my card in:

Flourishes - Card for a Friend - Must include word Friend
Paper Take Weekly -  Anything Goes 
Craft Your Days Away   Vintage 
I hope you all have a great day!




27 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Dorcas, the free form layering works well to my mind and fab pins & charm embellies too. Great card.
My, how those duckies have grown. Is that a paddling pool for them I spy? Hope they continue to do so well.
Tine :)

Joey said...

Hi Dorcas,

wow I cant believe how big those ducks are now, sorry to hear you lost one.
Your card is stunning, love the patchwork look to it.

Joey xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card dorcas and your ducks are looking great.

greetings karin

Pat said...

Hi sweetie! Another fabulous creation!! I so love the quilt designwork...and your coloring is just PERFECT!!! Your ducks are kinda cute...but, don't they make lots of duck poo??? Funny to think about you grilling for them! You crack me up, girlfriend!! Hugs. Pat

dj1952 said...

Great card. Your "quilting" is gorgeous. I love your coloring of the image, too. I always love looking at your cards. Hugs, dj

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Thanks for clarifying that we can use an image twice! LOL! It is like clothes. Can't wear that again, I've already worn that! It looks great! Love the quilting and sewing! Tickets & charms are cool too!

Dana said...

First off, look how big the babies are all getting!!! Second, I've been away from blogland the last week and wow!! Look at all I've missed! Girl, these cards this week are ALL amazing! Each one is so different, and perfect and so YOU!! I love them all!!
Hugs~
Dana

Babs said...

Really like the patchwork & charms. You always do a great job with the sewing.
Luv, Babs

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Dorcas!
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, I am so excited to be working with you guys this month, and I have to tell you I am a big fan of your work, and this card is stunning!
hugs Marilyn

Jacee said...

Super card Dorcas, love how you have added the cord, love the colours and the image is lovely.
Hugs Jacee
Those ducks sure are cute, and oh boy have they grown!

Wuzimädi said...

Hi Dorcas! Your Piggy-card looks wonderful! Like these fresh colours combined with the patchwork-vintage-style!
Love the new duck-photos! They've really grown fast and look all very well ;)
Hugs Michi

Claudia said...

Love the duck pictures, and just so u know, I am starting to like the idea of drawing u a running duck picture, any size u'd prefer??? but I do have 2 started right now that I have to finish... but urs might be next:)
Oh and I have something for u over on my blog... :)
Claudia W.

Tracy said...

Suey! LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-) It must be piggy crafting time cause I recently did a pig card too. It's for a GDT so won't get posted til the end of the month but it was really fun to color. Yours is just wonderful. I love the subtleness of your coloring.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble using stamps more than once. LOL
Glad to hear Fibby's doing well and you stay on that grill Bobby Flay if it'll save those little quackers!
Hugs!

Anita said...

Dorcas, this card is so adorable! I love that image and of course your coloring is gorgeous. So sorry to hear you lost one of your ducks, but thanks for showing the pictures of how much your babies have grown.

Shannon White said...

Oh my goodness this is such a Darling card! 8-) Love your Fabulous coloring and the pretty pretty dp's.

Hugs
Shannon

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fabulous card Dorcas!

Sorry to hear about your duck, that's terrible, rotten turtles!!

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

Gorgeous card - I love the layers and colours you have used and the bakers twine.

Thank you for joining us this fortnight in our vintage challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Hugs Sarahxx

Elaine L. said...

Adorable card! I love the crazy quilt background.

paper fun said...

Sorry about your duck and the turtles. They really are sweet looking and must bring you a lot of joy.

Your card is awesome! Love your coloring.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

Iulia said...

Hey sweetie! That's the first time I see this stamp and it's so stinkin' cute:) Love the colors and the "free-form" style of the layered papers. The metal embellies work so perfectly here. I just love it.
Those ducks seem to keep you so busy, with nursing and cooking for bait-lol- never would have thought of that...lol. I'm not quite vegetarian but almost never eat meat. It's just that when we go and visit someone people wouldn't properly understand your refuse to eat their meal:). But it's so much better without.
Wish you a happy weekend sweetie!
Hugs, Iulia

Jill said...

beautiful card dorcas thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the duck you lost, gosh never realized those turtles were so dang awful.

Love your cards also, hugs, Lori m

Kathy said...

This is adorable, lovely coloring and the way his little pig feet are crossed makes me laugh!

The ducks are getting so big. Sorry you lost another one, that's so sad. My 5 year old keeps asking to see your pictures, he just said, "let's take a ride over there and see them" LOL! So if a short guy shows up at your door, he might be mine!

Heather Rogers said...

This is too darn cute! Love that image. Thanks for playing at FTTC.

I am a vegetarian also. I think it is great you have all the ducks. What do you do with the ducks? Are they just pets? I want some hens, but the city I live in doesn't allow them. So sad! I would love fresh eggs and some sweet girls. :)

Erum Tasneem said...

the papers and colouring rocks!

Blogger said...

Over at Bonus Bitcoin you may earn free bitcoins. Up to 5,000 satoshis every 15 minutes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails