Monday, November 29, 2010

Life's Ups and Downs

Good morning everyone!
Today's card I made for one of my bestest buddies, Stacey.
Her feline crafting companion, Cody,  is in a rough way and while you could say, "It's just a cat", he's far more than that to those who know him.
 He's one of those cat's with attitude.
 You know the type?
 He has the color markings (black and white) that make it look like he's sneering at you and saying to himself,  "what a hopeless idiot". lol
Anyway! I thought Stacey could use some cheering up so I chose my favorite cheer up colors:
yellow and orange. :-)
(You'll probably see alot of that this winter. I HATE gray days)
I am using a digi from Nicecrane Designs which you can purchase here
A close up:

  
And the sentiment which I thought up all by myself! lol

By the way, Ignacio over at Nicecrane designs has a special surprise going on:
Whoever comments on this post will be entered into a prize draw to win the complete set of Nursery Rhyme Stamps!!

Enjoy your day!

And below is a freebie for you. Just click on and save to your computer. :-)

Photobucket


17 comments:

dj1952 said...

Dorcas, your card is really nice and I'm sure she will love it. I really like the sentiment you thought up, too. What font did you use? Hugs, dj

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Thank You! This card is special. The bright colors are very cheery to me and the sentiment is sweet. We have gone through a lot of ups and downs together, this one is particularly rough as he is my baby! Some of his tude is showing up today which is a good sign. Thanks again, I love it!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Great card!
As I just read, Stacey felt cheered up and so you did a good job!
Like those little details as e.g. the paper-clip, which make a card twice as nice!

Linda Wescott said...

Ahhh, what a lovely thoughtful thing to do. Beautiful bright cheer-up card, glad it's worked. Like Uli, I love the little ribbon/paperclip embellie, and the sentiment is sweet. Hugs lin Goodness, did I nearly forget your colouring lol, great job again, and really nice sketch too.

Lionelsa said...

Great vard with lovely colors and funny image.

Tine said...

Hi Dorcas. Yep, those are cheery colours all right and Stacey was bound to love the kind thought as well as the gorgeous card. Ignacio will probably be rather pleased too, I would have thought. Lovely card.
Tine :)

Norma said...

Adorable card!!! Love the colors

Tracey said...

I love this nostalgic card Dorcas :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

XxJULESxX said...

love this Dorcas!! perfect sentiment you wrote too!

Heather said...

Hi Dorcas, thanks for your lovely comment. Love your gorgeous card, wonderful summery colours and such a fabulous, beautifully coloured image......
your details are fantastic - I wish I could stitch like that!!!
hugs Heather xx

papertrails leaver said...

Dorcas it's always a treat to see your work! This card is beautiful!

Trina said...

I think this is another great card! I hope your friend's kitty is ok. (I saw that your friend wrote you a comment and said he had some attitude today...)

HappyCrafter said...

What a heartwarming card! The image is adorable and ties in with that sentiment you thought up so well.

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so sweet Dorcas!

Yenni Natalia said...

Dorcas...yes..this card will definetely will cheer her up!i also feeling so sad to hear about her cat :) hope her cat get well soon!
well..thanks for sharing this wonderful card..i have the cloud pattern paper for so long but dont know what to do with it :) thanks for inspire me :)

hugs
yenni

Nannieflash said...

Morning Dorcas wish it was possible to use our sewsaw but the snow has covered everything here but your card is definitely a beautiful one and it makes you feel warm even though its bitterly cold. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

mudmaven said...

What a gorgeous and thoughtful card. I love the digi and did you generate the sentiment yourself? It's great! ~chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails