Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Card For Tweety


This is a rather special card that I made for our daughter, Tweety. (she hasn't seen it yet and in fact I was up til after 11 last night finishing it after she went to bed). She is getting baptized next Sunday. Yay! She's been working really hard in her studies and her personal bible reading to make sure that she really knew what she was doing and that her relationship with God was coming first in her life . And now the time has come....my little girl is growing up. But we're very happy for her, especially in knowing that this was totally her decision with no cooercion on our part.

About the card: I followed the Card Pattern Sketch #68 and used a Whimsy digital stamp. It was actually a free digi. You might want to go by and check to see if they're still giving it away. It also follows the theme for June for the Whimsy stamps which is "summer". My daughter loves green so I used a selection of designer papers incorporating her favorite colors. I used Prismacolor colored pencils to color in the frog and a blender pen. I used some adhesive gems to decorate her bathing suit and umbrella. Here is a close up of the froggy:



And the sentiment:


And the inside.For this froggy I used distress inks.

Thanks for hopping by!:-)


6 comments:

dstandard said...

OMG this is just fabulous darling! LOVE it! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Marina Moser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marina Moser said...

What a pretty froggy!!! I like it very much!!!

Stacey said...

she will love this! It is perfect. I am trying to come up with something a little different for her. She has seen all of our creations thus far. I have something in mind. We shall see if it comes out like in my head

whoistracy said...

I love these colors together and that fun image. So sweet.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is fabulous! Love the way you've used Beach Baby on this card. Fab colors and papers too!

I wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on my post today and let you know that my hubby got the light studio from Hammacher Schlemmer. Hopefully you can google it and find a website. I have a catalog here, but I think he ordered it online. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails