Saturday, July 24, 2010

All About Eggs

A friend of ours has chickens. Some people say chickens are some of the dumbest animals on God's earth.  Sometimes I hope  for their sake that they are, but I know if someone said that about ducks I would vehimently disagree. Anyway, that has absolutely nothing to do with my story. Suffice it to say,  we get given eggs fairly regularly and today I opened up this dozen to make a lemon merengue pie.

 I did a double take.

                                                          Whaaaaattttttt??????
                                                      
                          Now this egg was small!!! (a cherry tomato on right)
Well,  I don't know about you, but  I can't help thinking about the chicken who laid it. :D I mean,  if this egg was allowed to hatch just how small would that chick be???  Have you ever seen some eggs that are so big you can almost see the  Mama chicken's eyes  widen as big as saucers and hear that "squuu-aack" ten miles away as it comes out? . Come on, I know you do! (lol) While other eggs,  well,  as you can see for yourself,  other eggs must  just kinda .....

                                                                slip out in a fart!


8 comments:

N Blackburn said...

That's hilarious! It looks like a very big quails egg; wonder what it looked like cracked open!!!

Anonymous said...

hahhaha...your stories darn very funny! in asia chix this kind of thing is pretty often happen. we do have special chix (we call it ayam kampung-village chix) that produce small eggs (but not that too small). it is believe tastier than normal egg, price also higher than normal.

yenni

Andrea Ewen said...

You are too funny! I absolutely adore your sense of humor! You can use that little egg for 1/2 an egg salad sandwich.

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

You are funny! Enjoyed that!

ileana said...

OMG!!! that was the funniest thing ever!!! :-D

Linda Wescott said...

So Funny, as a chicken I'd rather lay the small one lol...speaking as a mom whose first baby was a whopper lol. Looks like it's the yolk and nothing but the yolk!!!

Jane Andrews said...

What a yoker you are lol x

Anonymous said...

Oh my, someone scared the heck out of that chicken. :) Lori m

Related Posts with Thumbnails