Sunday, July 18, 2010

Beach Babes

I love things that make me laugh. A good, hearty belly shaking laugh. These old folks from Bugaboo stamps do it everytime. I think of all the quips I could put with them and just get laughing at my own silliness. Below is maybe a clearer frontal view of the card I put together last night:


I used the following:
Image Bugaboo
Colors Prismacolors and copics (for skin)
Papers Assorted
Ribbon Dashes and Dots
Sentiment a variation of the sentiment that came with the digi which was "At my age I can wear whatever I want"
3Dimentional sticky pads
Stitching machine done
A close up of the beach babes.... I just love his belly and speedo. So gross. And all the hog hair on their legs. lol And the "cool" hawaiin shirt...so funny


Close up of the ribbon detail...


And the stitching/sentiment on the upper left corner.






I made this using the themes from the following challenges:
Paper Play Sketch
Allsorts Summer Days
Bee Crafty At the Beach (using a digi)
Hope you have had a good chuckle. :-) Come back tomorrow and I might embarass myself further! I might actually get into a bathing suit! LOL (just kidding. I wouldn't do that to you all)


10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Too, too funny, Dorcas!! I find these images so funny also! Love it! :)

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Those stamps are hilarious! Very nice

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the fun images and the sunny colours.
luv
Debby

Debs said...

Such a fab fun card!!
Thanks for taking part in my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Yenni Natalia said...

Another fun and funny card!! i can see your skill grows very fast ^_^. as well asa your follower ^_^. i am proud to be your friend..go go girl!!!

Spyder said...

Love this card...(must hide hubby's new Hawaiin shirt!) Thank you for popping over, must be a mind reader as I was looking for a link to your blog (followers pic doesn't have one) and now I have one! ((Lyn))

ps...belly button will have to go! :)

Spyder said...

sorry I forgot the other reason why I came over!! Aqua Promakers! I bought a packet of 12? with a water brush for my dad, a few years back... I wanted them!! They were for a birthday pressy and he'd asked for 'proper' watercolour pens, anyway, monthe later, forgetting who gave them to him, he gave them back, saying they weren't what he wanted...(YAy!!) but I must admit I was very disappointed with the aqua promakers, better then my whispers, but not doing what I hoped, and still roughing up the paper/card in the same way as whispers do, even on my watercolour paper, but, I wasn't sure if dad had been a bit 'heavy handed' with them as the nibs seemed a bit spoiled. he kept the water brush so I never got to use that with them. Permanent are go for me!

Julie M said...

Great card, Dorcas - love the images, they are so funny (especially the random hairs on their legs, eeewwww!!!).

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

scotspanda said...

oh wow what a fabulous card, I just love that image!

thanks for joining in with the Allsorts fun this week

lotsalove

Amanda xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love this!! The sentiment is perfect for these images LOL! Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty.

Deanne :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails