Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What's Cooking?

I am basing my card today on two fantastic photo inspiration challenges. The first is by "The Play Date Cafe"...and the one below "Quixotic ". I thought that they were so similar they would work well in a combination. I love these colors and thought that it would be a breeze. But I actually sat for some time scratching my head.
My trouble was that I had too many coordinating papers and couldn't figure out which ones to use....I ended up using only one patterened paper sheet and the rest solid cardstock.

So here is my take on the photo inspiration:

I am using a BellesNWhistles stamp, colored with Prismacolors and "goo gone". The paper are K&Co and Coredinations. A close up below:



I would like to enter it in the following challenges:
The Play Date Cafe (stink! It turns out I was too late for this one....)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! Love your card. Thanks for playing in the challenge at BnW this week!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Funny thing is I posted a whole blog for the same challenge and had the same stamped image as you. I entitled it copy cat even though that was not my intentions. Then I went to put it on their site and realized it was closed. i saw it from another site and had a card with all the right colors. Great minds think alike! Scary! LOL

SemSee said...

What a fab card!! Love your take on the photo! I had to giggle when I read your comments about scratching your head, lol! Even though I picked this photo (and also thought it would be a breeze), I too spent ages sitting looking at my papers before eventually choosing just one, hee hee! Thanks for joining us at Quixotic Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

Chelsea said...

Beautiful card. Love the blue teal colors with the pastel yellow.
Your coloring is amazing and a wonderful take on the sketch.
Luv,
Chelsea

Audhild said...

Beautiful card. Love your colouring. Thank you for playing in our challenge at the BNW blog

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card Dorcas, the colours are stunning, you've really captured the inspirational picture!!! Beautiful colouring!

Thanks for joining us at Quixotic Challenges this week!
HuGs Kim :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails