Sunday, July 25, 2010

Say Aaahhhhh

This card has more in it than meets the eye. I wonder, now that its all put together why I bothered with the bits that "don't meet the eye" lol I'm talking about the embossed background paper. Why did I do that? I thought it would show up more, but never mind. Here is a front view:

and my supply list:
Image: LOTV
Colors : Crayola Crayons and "goo Gone"
Papers: Assorted from stash
Ribbon: Checks, dots and dashes
Flowers : Handmade from cannibalized silk flowers and buttons
Stitching: Machine done
3D Sticky foam pads: Recollections

A close up of the image:


And the button flower stitching detail. You see, I'm experimenting with a new stitch on my machine. Is it cool or what?:



Bottom right detail:


Ribbon detail:


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

Paper Romance: Brown, Teal and White
LOTV:  sketch
Stamp Something : flowery somethings

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!


13 comments:

Marion said...

Oh wow! This is fabulous. I love all the detail and that image is coloured to perfection. Love it.
Marion

dj1952 said...

Your card is gorgeous. I know what you mean about some of your details not showing. I feel the same about some of the designer papers I use. You did a wonderful job on the whole card.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorcas, I noticed your name on Ewen Style blog & just had to follow up! Why? Well, I was reared in a small village on the east coast of Ireland and we had no less than 5 ladies (of varying ages)called Dorcas. I believe the name comes from the Irish word 'dorcha' meaning 'dark', so normally a female called Dorcas would be dark haired (which you probably already know!!)
I love your fab card - terrific colouring.
Mary MacB x

Angelwood said...

Aww.. this is just so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Paper Romance this week! hugs, Angela

Yenni said...

Hi Dorcas..lately you have been using LOTV! you really drive me to the corner to buy those cutie stamps!! i love the teddy one!! and it is also not expensive.huh! i shall trade my magnolia collection with this. it is worth it ^_^. Love your colouring and layout more and more!And for the doggie photo that you want to do sketch you get my permission :P.
Yenni

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very Nice! Believe it or not the embossed back round was the first thing that caught my eye! Not all in vane!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Dorcas, beautiful colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

ileana said...

This is gorgeous! love all the layers of paper! (I´m always too lazy to add them to my cards...) your coloring is amazing, really... so beautiful!

Annika said...

Your colouring is just too stunning. So inspirational! And I CAN see the embossed background, so there!!
Hugs
Annika

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh wow what a stunning card. Love the colours on the DP and the ribbon. Your image is just divine and you have coloured it perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something. Hope to see you back next time.
mwah
Trace

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is adorable,love this
just a great card


greetings karin

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

What a sweet image and sentiment! TFS! Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Romance!

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, i love the image that you have chosen and the papers are fab too, thanks for joining us at LOTV big hugs love Pops x x

Related Posts with Thumbnails