Monday, July 26, 2010

Baby Congratulations


Well I wish someone would go and have a baby so I could offload some of my baby cards! I love this stamp by BellesNWhistles and keep using it but like I said no one is obliging me by giving birth. For materials I used:
Image: BellesNWhistles
Colors: Graphitint Pencils, copics for skin
Papers: Assorted from stash
Ribbon: Celebrate It Basic, and Dashes, Dots And Checks
Sparkly silver studs: Recollections
3D Foam Sticky Pads: Recollections
Saclloped Edge: Martha Stewart Punch

Front view:


A close up of the image below



And the upper detail:



and the lower detail:


I made this card to fit the following challenges:
Play Date Cafe:  Photo Inspiration
Fussy& Fancy Friday: Stitches, Scallops and Sparkles
All Sorts: Baby/Child
BellesNWhistles: Monochromatic
Totally Gorjuss: Congratulations

So that's my card for the day unless I get ambitious and make one this afternoon while Tweet is having her Quilting class. Oh! by the way.... I had some excitement yesterday.Do you want to hear about it? Of course you do! lol

 A new use for Cutter Bee scissors everyone! A rat snake somehow managed to get himself caught in the plastic mesh covering our duck cage (which isn't used much now that our ducks are grown, and in fact we put the mesh over the cage to keep snakes out in the first place!). Well, he got about 8 inches of his body through an opening in the mesh  and then as his body got wider he couldn't go forwards or backwards. Poor thing. :-( 
Thankfully it was plastic mesh so I could cut it with the aforementioned cutterbee scissors. But then the dumb animal slithered through the cage and tried getting out the back end  of the cage and promptly entangled himself  all over again!! This time he was mad and kept striking, so I had to get my husband to keep his head down with a couple of sticks while I cut him free. He wasn't a full grown rat snake, he was about 36 inches long and about as round as a quarter. And rat snakes aren't venemous although they can bite. See picture here of a larger one we had in the garden in the spring. (See Stacey what a good friend I am in not posting anymore snakey pictures :-)

Okay well I guess that's all I have to tell you this morning. Enjoy your breakfast. :-)


19 comments:

CanadianScraps43 said...

Oh I so love this card Dorcas! Your amazing with what you do with these new pencils of yours. I just love these images and they are on my wish list for sure. I did followed your tutorial for coloring with crayons and baby oil last night and it turned out so good. I had so much fun. It was a lot easier on regular cardstock, but not so much on watercolor paper. I just had to make my nib more wet with the oil. It did work and looked great. I will show it on my blog and I will link back to this tutorial okay. I am glad that your ducks didn't get hurt and that the critter got free. Poor thing was probabley more scared than you. Have a great day sweetie. Hugs From Your Canadian Friend. Lol!

Fleur said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is fantastic and the colour scheme is perfect
Thanks for joing ALLSORTS this week
Hugz Fleur xXx

dj1952 said...

You did a fantastic job on your card. But you always do. I truly mean this. I'm in awe of how your artistry comes through. And even though I've "known" you for several years, I've really never "known" you. (You know what I mean? I didn't realize that you have such a warped sense of humor. LOL! Yes, I'm sure that Stacey is very glad that you didn't post the picture on your blog.

I guess I'll see you this weekend. Take care. :-)

Kat said...

This is gorgeous. That image is really pretty, no wonder you love her. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very Sweet! Too bad I'm too old to oblige your wishes! Well almost! And Thank You!! I was getting a bit nervous when I read snakes! Oh No not again! Then saw no pictures. The old ones still pop up from time to time.

Debbie said...

I love all the detail to your card. Sorry none of your friends are obliging you by having babies, but I am sure someone will eventually....lol

and Man are you Brave a snake. I would have freaked out. Having boys we owned a lizard, but a snake...Eeeek!!! but as an animal lover, I think I would have rescued it

Jo said...

Stunning work!
Love the image, your colouring, and the gorgeous papers.
Thanks for joining us this week at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Chelsea said...

Wow, beautiful card!
Love the way you color the image. :)
Reading about the snake part makes my hair stands up! lol
Luv,
Chelsea

Annika said...

I know what you mean about abundance of cards! I am literally drowning in them, especially now that I do DT work, meaning that I create cards for challenge themes. before that I just made cards I needed, lol
Hugs
Annika

Anonymous said...

Hi girl!! Hope you are having a good day. This card is adorable! Love the image and layout. Thanks for joining our challenge! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This little girl is super sweet!! I just love that gem in her hair! Such a precious card:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a sweet image, wonderfully colored! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card and great design! Yikes! I don't want to use my scissors to free a snake. :O Brave you! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

Such a lovely card, and sweet image! Your detail is beautiful and I love the way you've brought all of our colours together, just lovely! Wow, you were brave with that snake, not sure I would have been! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wow this is so beautiful. I love all the detail that you have put into this card, and you did such a fabby job with the monochromatic challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Belles 'n Whistles. =)
Hugs,
Lynda

Debs said...

A stunning card!!gorgeous papers and such an adorable image :-)
Thanks for joining us at TG...Debs x

Juanita said...

Wow this card is gorgeous, love the adorable image, silver studs, color combo and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

scotspanda said...

oh wow I love the colour scheme you've used and the image is so adorable

thanks for taking up my challenge this week on Allsorts

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Lilian said...

Dorcas, your card is simply stunning! Your coloring is outstanding and I love your details (stitching and pearls) I am going to follow you so I can get a lot of inspration. :) Thanks for joining the Belles N Whistles Challenge! Happy weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails